Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Roasted Chicken Legs


Is that not welcoming!!

I rarely use chicken legs in my cooking as my husband doesn't like looking at big pieces of meat on his plate.
This time for a change, I asked my butcher to leave the leg pieces uncut. I cooked rest of the chicken in andhra style and marinated these two drumsticks in a spicy marinade.
This preparation turned out so good that even my husband enjoyed his big piece of leg 

Ingredients
2 chicken legs
2 tbsp curd (yogurt)
1/2 tbsp ginger-garlic paste
1 tbsp red chilli powder
2 tsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1/2 tsp fennel seeds powder (optional, I like the flavor)
salt to taste
oil for pan frying

Method
  • Clean the chicken legs, make 3-4 deep slits and marinate with all the ingredients except oil.
  • Set aside for 2-3 hrs in the refrigerator (tastes best when marinated over night)
  • Pan fry on high heat for 2 min, reduce flame to medium, cook covered for 10 min. Reduce flame to low and cook for another 10 min. Flip in between.
  • Now, remove the lid and cook on medium flame until the chicken is roasted and cooked thoroughly. 
  • Serve warm with lime wedges and pickled onions.

No comments:

Post a Comment